Friday, January 2, 2009

It's the New Year

We saw in the new year with friends at an annual New Year's Eve party. Rather than play our regular Trivial Pursuit (men against women) game, we sat around and talked which I actually enjoyed much more. Of course there was plenty of snacks, too. I brought spinach dip inside a hollowed out loaf of Hawaiian bread, a cheese ball, and hot sausage squares. By the end of the evening, our youngest child was complaining of a bad headache. As soon as we got home, she was throwing up. I was afraid we'd be in for a long sleepless night, but after being sick and taking Tylenol, she slept great through the night and awoke feeling fine. Our oldest daughter was in New York with her friends for a few days and our two middle children enjoyed their own party with pizza, brownies, video games, and movies.

The next morning, I had planned to hit a few sales and do a little shopping. My favorite clothing store had everything in the store 50% off. After going there, I enjoyed spending a lot of time in a couple of fabric/craft stores. At the fabric store, I bought a pattern and fabric to make matching aprons for myself and younger daughter. Would you believe there are patterns put out by Simplicity called, "Sewing Patterns for Dummies"? I knew I'd found the right thing! Then at Michael's craft store, I found some scrapbook supplies on sale. I had such a fun day! The only thing that would have made it more fun was if my sister had been there to share it. We always have the best time on our shopping expeditions!

Here is the recipe for my favorite quick & easy appetizer or breakfast time food:

Hot Sausage Squares

1 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled (hot for appetizer, mild for breakfast)
1 8 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup water
2 packages of crescent rolls

In skillet with cooked sausage, add the package of cream cheese and water. Melt cream cheese and mix together well. In 9x13 pan, lay out 1 package of crescent rolls to make a crust. Pour sausage mixture on top of crescent rolls. Spread next package of crescent rolls on top. Seal the seams on the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 375 degree oven until lightly browned on top. Cut into squares.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, Mama! I love you. I hope you write some thing new soon.

    ReplyDelete